Intrapreneurship: Driving Innovation from Within an Organization
You’re a changemaker, someone ready to blend entrepreneurial drive with a passion for food. Now you can learn all the steps that go into launching new foodservice concepts within a corporate environment, through the CIA Intrapreneurship concentration. It’s the entire process from beginning to end—you’ll launch a foodservice concept and implement your ideas in our on-campus Innovation Kitchen. You will also take your learnings to consider plans for multi-unit expansion into a variety of settings, such as airports, food halls, and delivery applications. The best prep for real world success!
“It’s an invaluable experience for anyone who wants to pursue a career in the fast-casual or otherwise corporate industry. You get not only the knowledge to run a business, but the skills required to maneuver successfully through a multilevel organization.”—Yejin Yoon, CIA bachelor’s degree student
- Immerse yourself in key entrepreneurial concepts such as business plan content development, financing, operations, and innovation.
- Plan alongside your student peers how you’ll create and optimize menus and recipes, facility design and operations, staffing and training, ordering and inventory management systems, and sanitation regulations.
- Bring it all together as you and fellow students launch your foodservice concept for the CIA community.
- This concentration will prepare our students for positions of leadership by developing intellectual and practical skills, including inquiry and analysis, critical and creative thinking, written and oral communication, quantitative and information literacy, problem solving, and teamwork.
- Students will learn to practice the fundamental business and management concepts and principles of the food service industry and to analyze complex business issues and identify, communicate, and implement workable solutions.
Full course details are available in CIA’s catalog.
Only students in the Food Business Management degree and Hospitality Management degree are eligible for this concentration.