Advanced Wine, Beverage, and Hospitality
It’s nice to feel wanted, and that’s just what you’ll be after this concentration. Wine and beverages are crucial to the restaurant and hospitality industry, so experts in the field are in high demand. Come take this deep dive into this creative and profitable world for an entire semester in Napa Valley wine country. You’ll learn the principles of pairing wine and beverages with foods while exploring successful business practices of managing beverage and hospitality service programs.
“I learned about wine and spirits from experts in the field in one of the most ideal settings imaginable. My goal is to own my own restaurants, and this concentration has given me the groundwork to successfully plan, manage, and operate my beverage program.”—Donald DeMonico, CIA Bachelor’s Degree Student
- Be instructed and mentored by professional CIA sommelier faculty.
- Measure the success of service delivery models.
- Explore and experience Napa Valley wine country, and build industry connections.
- Study spirits and principles of mixology, as well as event beverage service and planning.
- Prepare for an exciting career in wine and beverage management.
Only students in the Food Business Management degree are eligible for this concentration.