Explore Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in St. Helena
CIA Greystone in St. Helena, California is one of the world’s most unique and inspiring places for culinary and wine education. Once home to the Christian Brothers Winery, the spectacular main building is the hub of activity at the CIA’s California campus. Nestled in the heart of Napa Valley, here you’ll be surrounded by world-class vineyards, growers, farm-to-table restaurants, and have plenty of opportunity for outdoor fun. In addition, you’re just a short ride from all the San Francisco Bay Area has to offer, from Michelin-starred restaurants to Giants baseball. Best of all, at CIA California, you’ll be part of a close-knit campus that feels like family.
Associate Degree Programs Offered in California
At CIA California, you’ll explore big ideas, learn practical skills, and be mentored by some of the best minds in food and academics. Our associate degree programs at our California campus follow the same in-depth curriculum as our main CIA campus in Hyde Park, NY. Here you’ll gain core knowledge and skills that are the foundation of everything you’ll do at CIA—and out in the food world.
Culinary Arts—Build the foundation for your culinary creativity, from cooking methods to flavor principles to butchery. You’ll learn about sustainability, wellness, responsible sourcing, world cultures and cuisines…knowledge every future thinking food professional needs.
Baking and Pastry Arts—Learn the techniques, ingredient function, and design principles behind everything from puff pastry to baguettes to entremets—and then envision and create your unique versions. You’ll also learn to prepare savory fare perfect for your own café.
- Fifteen-thousand square-foot open teaching kitchens featuring state-of-the-art cooking suites and community dining tables.
- Top-notch education facilities, including the Viking Kitchen, Rudd Center for Professional Wine Studies, Ghirardelli Chocolate Discovery Center, Williams Center for Flavor Discovery, and Ventura Foods Center for Menu Research and Development.
- Real-world experience in two award-winning, on-campus restaurants—Gatehouse Restaurant and The Bakery Café.
- On-campus student housing at CIA Guest House and nearby Vineyard Lodge Housing Center.
- Grab a bite with friends at The Terrace—a casual, student and staff only space that regularly unveils exciting new themed menu options.
Take your degree to the next level—Complete your bachelor’s degree in Food Business, Culinary Science, or Applied Food Studies by continuing your studies at our main campus in New York.
Seeing Is Believing
There’s no better way to learn about CIA than by visiting our California campus. Explore campus on an informative tour conducted by our admissions staff, join us for an open house, or check out an online event.