The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) prohibits a conflict of interest with the responsibilities of an officer, employee, or agent of the CIA regarding Title IV loans. The CIA’s Code includes the following items:
(1) BAN ON REVENUE-SHARING ARRANGEMENTS—
(2) GIFT BAN—
(3) CONTRACTING ARRANGEMENTS PROHIBITED—
(4) INTERACTION WITH BORROWERS—The CIA shall not—
(5) PROHIBITION ON OFFERS OF FUNDS FOR PRIVATE LOANS—
(6) BAN ON STAFFING ASSISTANCE—
(7) ADVISORY BOARD COMPENSATION—Any employee who is employed in the financial aid office of the CIA, or who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to education loans or other student financial aid of the CIA, and who serves on an advisory board, commission, or group established by a lender, guarantor, or group of lenders or guarantors, shall be prohibited from receiving anything of value from the lender, guarantor, or group of lenders or guarantors, except that the employee may be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred in serving on such advisory board, commission, or group.