• Find out how to apply for financial at the CIA and live your food dream!
  • Apply for Financial Aid

    How to Apply

    Securing financial aid to help pay for your CIA education is easy. Our goal is to set you on your food career path as soon as possible! Our team is here to guide you through the financial planning process and answer any questions you may have. Here’s where you start:

    Step 1: Apply for admission to the CIA.

    Step 2: Apply for financial aid.

    • File your FAFSA.
      All United States citizens should file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (or “FAFSA,” a word you’ll get to know well) at studentaid.gov or by using the myStudentAid app. The CIA’s federal code is 007304. When you have received a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processing center, you’ll know that your application has been processed and the review procedure can begin.
    • Provide additional information.
      The CIA may request additional documentation, such as copies of your (or your parents’) IRS federal tax transcripts. Learn more about verification.
    • Time it right.
      File your FAFSA at least five to six months prior to the CIA enrollment season for which you are applying. If desired, you can contact CIA Student Financial and Registration Services to be sure of filing the appropriate forms for your entry date.
    • Avoid mistakes.
      Check out these helpful tips to avoid common errors when completing the FAFSA as well as some additional tips for unique financial situations.
    • Rely on us.
      Upon completion of the financial aid forms and receipt of the requested documentation, the CIA will evaluate your existing aid package to ensure all federal and institutional funds listed are accurate and available to you. If you have any questions along the way, we’ll help you find the answers. Call 845-451-1500 or e-mail SFRS@culinary.edu.
    • Learn more.
      Read more about the types of financial aid available to CIA students.

    Step 3: Check out which other financial aid programs are available.

    • In addition to what’s in your financial aid package, you should explore other forms of aid to reduce costs further. We’ll point you in the right direction to locate external funding opportunities, such as external scholarships and alternative loans.

    Step 4: Review the costs.

    Aid Suspension Due to Drug Conviction

    The Higher Education Act of 1965 suspends financial aid eligibility for students who have been convicted under federal or state law for the sale or possession of drugs, if the offense occurred during a period of enrollment for which the student was receiving federal student aid.

    If you have a conviction for this offense, call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243 to find out how this law applies to you.

    If you have lost your federal student aid eligibility because of a drug conviction, you can regain eligibility by successfully completing a qualified drug rehabilitation program or passing two unannounced drug tests administered by such a program.

    You may also regain your eligibility if your conviction is reversed, set aside, or removed from your record so that fewer than two convictions for sale or three convictions for possession remain on your record.

  • Watch Financial Aid TV to get video answers for the CIA - male student

  • Contact Us

    Student Financial and Registration Services
    1946 Campus Drive
    Hyde Park, NY 12538-1499