Gain valuable insight and amazing hands-on experience in the rapidly expanding world of craft brewing. Beer sells, and the food industry is looking for professionals ready to manage brew pubs, advance retail sales for breweries, lead beverage programs, and so much more. This course will help you become that professional.
In Art and Science of Brewing, you will:
- Learn how to make beer, from ingredients to brewing equipment to techniques.
- Examine key topics like food and beer pairing, maintaining a proper beer list, and the business of the beer industry.
- Explore the basic organic chemistry and biology of beer.
- Get right into the thick of the action in The Brewery at the CIA, a brewing classroom like no other!
- Produce CIA craft beers, including the college’s two flagship brands—Cleaver IPA and Mise en Place Wit—as well as a rotating lineup of “class project” seasonal beers.
Take advantage of this and many more exciting opportunities in the CIA bachelor’s degree programs.