• Apply for State Financial Aid for Culinary School at the CIA
  • State Aid

    Several states offer need-based and/or merit grants to CIA students who are residents of these states. While information for some states is listed below, students should contact their state education departments to determine availability and eligibility. Most states require students to complete the Federal Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) in order to qualify for their programs. Due to vairing state aid deadlines and to ensure full eligibility in all aid sources, we recommend you file the FAFSA each year as soon after January 1 as possible.

    New York

    New York’s largest grant program is The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). TAP helps eligible New York residents attending in-state postsecondary institutions pay for tuition. Before you begin your TAP application, you must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

    For other New York Grants and Scholarships you may be eligible for, please go to the New York State Higher Education website.


    Residents of California enrolled at the CIA at Greystone campus are eligible for the Cal Grant. To be considered, you must complete your FAFSA by March 2 of the year you will enter the program. For more information, visit the California Student Aid Commission website.

    Residents of Texas who are enrolling at our San Antonio campus can find more information about available state aid at the College For All Texans website.

    Vocational Rehabilitation
    If you have a disability, you may be offered assistance by your state’s Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, depending on the state’s criteria. If you are offered financial assistance through this program, please have your rehabilitation counselor contact the CIA’s Student Financial & Registration Services Office.

  • Contact Us

    Student Financial & Registration Services
    1946 Campus Drive
    Hyde Park, NY 12538-1499
    Phone: 845-451-1500