1. Complete our application form.
The Culinary Institute of AmericaAttn: ACAP Admissions1946 Campus DriveHyde Park, NY 12538
2. Submit a Statement of Purpose.
Each certificate-seeking applicant is expected to complete a Statement of Purpose. The statement of purpose should be 300–500 words concerning your purpose for undertaking or continuing your study of culinary arts, your reasons for wanting to study at The Culinary Institute of America, and your professional plans and career goals. You also may explain any special circumstances applicable to your background and elaborate on relevant academic and/or professional achievements.
3. Pay your $50 application fee.If applying online, you can pay by credit card. If applying by mail, include a check or money order with your paper application.
4. Ask for a Recommendation.Your recommendation may be from the dean/director of the degree program from which you will be graduating or have graduated; or from another professional who can speak to your interest in, passion for, or talent with the culinary arts.
5. Request Official Transcript.You must submit all previous college transcripts. Download the Transcript Request Form (PDF) and ask any postsecondary schools you've attended to provide your transcripts electronically via Parchment Exchange or mail your official transcripts (not student copies) directly to the CIA Admissions Department.
Please note that this program designed for individuals who possess an approved bachelor's degree in hospitality management, restaurant management, food science, nutrition/dietetics, or related fields, and have a serious interest in advancing their culinary knowledge.
That’s it! You’re on your way to enrolling at The Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena, CA. Our Admissions Office will review your application and supporting materials and contact you if anything is missing or any additional paperwork is necessary.
1946 Campus DriveHyde Park, NY 12538-1499