• Personal Counseling and Mental Health Resources

    Personal difficulties and emotional stress can affect your quality of life and ability to learn. Speaking with a trained, objective professional can increase self-awareness and help you build better coping strategies.

    If you are already under the care of a psychiatrist and/or therapist, you may want to transfer your care to local resources in order to have appropriate support during your time at school.

    Check with your insurance provider for a list of therapists and psychiatrists in Napa County who accept your insurance. Students without insurance should consider purchasing coverage. One option is to purchase additional coverage through the CIA’s Student Accident and Health Insurance Program, offered through Commercial Travelers Mutual Insurance Company.

    On a limited basis, a licensed therapist can arrange to meet with you, on campus, to discuss your counseling needs. Call 707-967-2443 and leave a confidential voicemail message with your name and a phone number where you can be reached.

    Also, the student affairs manager can assist you with local referrals to therapists.

    If you experience a mental health crisis, Napa County Mental Health can be reached at 707-253-4711, 24 hours a day. You may also be seen for an emergency evaluation at nearby St. Helena Hospital.