The Culinary Institute of America

  • Forms and Insurance

    Your Enrollment Packet

    On-Campus Housing Form

    To request a room on campus, please fill out the online form. The completed form will automatically go to the Residence Life Office. Please read all parts of the Residence Hall Agreement when completing the form.

    Health Forms

    Please complete the appropriate sections of the Physical Examination and Health Information Forms. Ask your medical doctor to complete the sections for the physician, and then mail or fax all completed forms to:

    Health Services Office
    The Culinary Institute of America
    1946 Campus Drive
    Hyde Park, NY 12538-1499
    Fax: 845-905-4061

    The State of New York requires that medical information be complete—including immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR)—before a student can move on campus or register for class.

    The Hepatitis A vaccination is also mandatory. It is very important that you submit your immunization information to the CIA before you arrive on campus. Many students wait to do this and are extremely disappointed when they cannot register.

    Medical Insurance

    If you are an F-1 student, you’re required to have medical insurance while in the U.S.

    We strongly recommend that you obtain a medical insurance plan before you leave that will cover your health costs in this country. Please note that you may also want to secure coverage for mental health treatment, prescriptions for any chronic illness, and dental care, as these are not necessarily included in basic medical insurance policies.

    You should consider your overall needs and well-being as you select a health plan that is right for you. Also, most plans require you to pay for a portion of your care, so access to some cash or credit is still important.

    You can contact any of the following companies that offer medical insurance specifically for international students in the U.S.:

Close Menu